Friday, October 25, 2019 at Kansai International Center
This year 55 people from 25 different countries, gathered and struck up conversations at Kansai International Center. Joining the foreigners, were 25 Japanese participants, including members of ica and Japanese trainees from Kansai International Center. Groups communicated using a mix of Japanese, English, and gestures to share the a bit of culture from their home countries as well as their impressions of Japan.
Countries of Origin
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Impressions from Participants
- I’ve never been to a country before. I think if I knew a bit more about myself I could have talked a little more.
- Everyone has just arrived in Japan, so they feel very excited and hopeful about upcoming experiences. I hope they enjoy their time in Japan despite the hard task of studying.
- Many people were interested in the culture and language of my country. I felt motivated to learn about the cultures of other countries. (Colombia)
- Everyone was very kind and I want to meet them again.
- I learned a lot about Japan and I practiced my Japanese language skills. (Seychelles)